Don’t worry, I really understand how you feel during your period. Not all women are the same, and in that case, neither their periods are the same. Some women cannot even endure a work day because of the countless symptoms they experience. Yet, there are some simple lifestyle changes you can make to help yourself and ease the pain. First, I will talk about the food you should eat, and in the end, I will give you some bonus advice to help yourself during your period. Let’s start! Best food you should eat during your period:
1. Calcium. Women need more calcium than men. That is exactly why you like to eat dairy products before your period starts, right? Yes, your body sends you such signals because calcium eases the pain. Which is your favorite cheese? How about a glass of milk before bedtime?
2. Magnesium. Magnesium is a must if you want to make contractions weaker. Besides that, magnesium literally relaxes your whole body and mind. Which food contains magnesium? Bananas, avocado, dark chocolate, yogurt, nuts, seeds… As you can see, it is not that hard to fulfill your magnesium levels!
3. Fiber. Be sure that you eat a lot of food that contains enough fiber. Why? We, women, know very well how our digestion also changes before and when the period starts. If you don’t want to experience constipation anymore, then you should definitely include vegetables and fruits in your diet. It is also recommended to eat some complex carbohydrates. You can take oatmeal, for example.
4. Vitamin D. It is a must to have enough vitamin D in your body if you don’t want to experience all those horrible symptoms during your period. It is not hard to get enough of this vitamin, all you have to do is to make an omelet for breakfast or dinner every second day.
5. Iron. It is completely logical that you need more iron on your period than on the other days in the month, right? You may lose a lot of blood, and you definitely need to help your body to recover. It is highly recommended to eat some red meat, but if you are a vegetarian, tofu, beans, and sunflower seeds will do the job.
Bonus tips: Changing your lifestyle can help you a lot to make your period less painful and easier to endure.
What else can you do to help your body?
We would highly recommend you to start exercising. You don’t need to go to the gym to get the results you want. Some simple exercises you like will make your period less painful. Besides that, exercise will also make your whole body healthier in many ways. It reduces the chances of heart diseases and bone diseases. It would be best for you to create a new habit which will help you to exercise often, like 3 days a week. Besides eating healthy and being active, there is something else you can do to make your period easier.
Stop smoking! We know how it is easily said than done, yet, if you really struggle with period days, then you must take this step. Smoking worsens your PMS and I am pretty sure that you are well aware of the other health risks it can do to your body.
Which advice do you find the best? Will you try to implement these new habits?