The pandemic may have curbed many plans this year, but it has not diminished the ambition to give back. There are safe and effective ways to make charitable contributions to your community this year. The best ways to give back during quarantine vary in purpose but are all highly impactful.
Make an Online Donation
Charities have experienced a significant decline in funding due to the pandemic. Cancellation of fundraising events has demanded organizations get creative in seeking funds this year.
Consider allocating a donation amount when making your holiday budget. Charities always appreciate money contributions. Get your community involved to make a sizeable impact on a local charity. Learn how to organize a community fundraiser to produce optimal communal results.
Materials You Can Donate
Donors are a significant benefit to charitable organizations. You can help a local charity or shelter to achieve its mission by donating wanted items. You can also provide local schools with the necessary learning materials. Gather gently used items around the house or purchase new supplies to give to an organization of your choosing. Think of providing the following:
- Technology devices – Classes have gone digital, increasing schools’ demand for tech supplies. If you have tech devices around the house going unused, see if your local elementary or high school will accept it as a donation.
- Books – Stock shelter and school libraries by donating gently used books. When it comes to reading, the more options to choose from, the better!
- Personal Protective Equipment – PPE is a necessity for many essential workers. Donate PPE to local hospitals, schools, and charitable organizations.
- Clothing, toys, and blankets – Colder temperatures typically come around as the holidays do. Gather old, gently worn clothes, toys, and blankets to supply homeless shelters with this year.
- Sanitation supplies – Sanitation supplies have been harder to come by in 2020. Purchase sanitation materials when possible to give to those that need them most.
Essential workers are under immense stress right now. Show your thanks and give praise to all the healthcare workers. Donate meals, write letters, or share messages with medical professionals to express your gratitude for their extensive efforts.
Medical facilities have experienced an extreme decline in blood donations since the start of the pandemic. Since fewer people are donating blood, shortages have become dire. If you are healthy and able, give blood. There are ample safety measures taken to assure you can safely participate in one of the most needed best ways to give back during quarantine.